Recent Posts

Saturday, December 19, 2009

{ Pad Macaroni }

Another favorite dish of mine, Pad Macaroni. There was a time in my life where my mom would take my sister and I to a public a swimming pool over the weekend, my sister and I were about 11 or 12 years old at the time. My favorite part of our swimming day was the part where we get to order anything we want from the pool cafeteria; Pad Macaroni was the dish that I would order every time, and has never once disappointed me. One part of me believe that it was because I was very picky when I first moved to Thailand from Italy, that brought some attention to my grandmother. So, she tried to comfort me with the food that she was not familiar with (Italian food). She would often made a spaghetti with ketchup for me, and I ate it, in fact I preferred that over any other Thai food at the time. And with Pad Macaroni, the combination of pasta, ketchup and soy sauce was just simply one of the best thing I've ever had when I was a child.

---

{ 1-2 servings }
ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cup of dried macaroni (I normally use rotini instead)
  • 1/4 lb of strip sliced chicken breast (tofu, shrimp, or pork would be good combination as well)
  • 2 whole white mushrooms
  • 1/2 - 1 whole tomato
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro
  • 1 whole green onion cut up in pieces with 1 inch in length
  • 1/4 cup of sliced yellow onion
  • 1 tbsp of chopped garlic
  • 3-4 tbsp of ketchup
  • 2-3 tbsp of soy sauce
  • 3 tbsp of vegetable oil

---


1. Boiled pasta for about 3-4 minutes (make sure that it is not cook thoroughly).
2. In a medium-large saucepan add vegetable oil heat it up over medium-high. Add garlic (mix it well with the oil) then quickly add chicken, stir it for 10-15 seconds.
3. Add onion, green onion, sliced tomato, mushroom, soy sauce and ketchup and stir fry it for about 30-40 seconds.
4. Add an egg and half way cooked pasta and stir fry all the ingredient in the pan until chicken and pasta are cooked, sprinkle with cilantro before serve.

---

Voila!

0 comments:

Post a Comment